D-Link Launches Smart Smoke Detector, Further Expanding its family of mydlink Home Smart Devices
The mydlink™ Home Smoke Detector (DCH-Z310) continues D-Link’s commitment to create safer, smarter homes and offices
D-Link, a leader in Wi-Fi connectivity and home video monitoring, has extended its mydlink™ Home offering with the introduction of the new mydlink Home Smoke Detector (DCH-Z310) to help keep homes and offices smarter and safer. Engineered with a built-in, distinctive audio alarm that alerts you the moment smoke is detected, the Smoke Detector provides around-the-clock monitoring and can send push notifications to a smartphone or tablet.
The smart Smoke Detector comes with a built-in 85dB audio alarm, and can alert you about any potential issues when you’re away from the home or office via the mydlink Home app, ensuring you can maintain peace of mind about safety at the touch of a button. The battery powered device, which features a low battery indicator, can be placed anywhere in an internal space, is easy to install, does not require expensive installation costs and comes without any recurring subscription charges.
“Having the confidence that your property is safe and secure is something everyone wants to have. At D-Link we’re continuing to innovate, developing new products and studying how we can improve home safety using smart devices, so that we can help to instil that confidence in our customers,” commented Kevin Wen, President of D-Link Europe. “The addition of the mydlink Home Smoke Detector to our mydlink Home product portfolio is our latest step to help provide round the clock reassurance to whether in the home or office.”
The Smoke Detector connects to the Connected Home Hub (DCH-G020) and can work in partnership with the entire wider range of mydlink Home devices, such as the Smart Plug (DSP-W215), which can turn on a light when smoke is detected at night, or Siren (DCH-S220), to give you a loud audio warning either in a different part of your home or, depending on internet connectivity, at a location further away from your home such as an office.
As part of the mydlink Home family, the Smoke Detector combines 24/7 peace of mind with easy installation and remote access. Its comprehensive features include:
- Loud audio alarm – up to 85 dB to warn you the moment smoke is detected
- Push notification – receive instant alerts to your smartphone and tablet as soon as the Smoke Alarm is activated
- Battery powered – up to one year battery life with low battery warning
- Easy to install – simple to set up and manage with the mydlink Home app
- Secure - tamper-proof and supports AES128 bits encryption, a form of encryption to ensure the safe transmission of information.
The unique mydlink Home App for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets gives you complete control of all of your mydlink Home devices. You can even set up automation rules to make your connected home smarter. It allows you to start with a single smart device and add more as and when you want to.
Smoke Detector (DCH-Z310) Technical Specifications:
- Photoelectric smoke sensor
- 85 dB alarm
- Networking protocol support: Z-Wave v6.02 or above
- Z-Wave Wireless: 868.40 MHz
- Tamper switch & pairing / unpairing / reset button
- LED status
- Diameter: 120mm (4.72 inches)
- Depth: 53mm (2.09 inches)
- Weight: 130 grams (4.59 ounces)
- Power: Included 3 v CR123A battery