The Wireless AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit Router (DIR-842) combines the latest high-speed with Gigabit Ethernet ports to provide a seamless networking experience.
It's advanced security features keep data safe from unwanted network intruders, whilst the increased range and reliability of Wireless AC technology allows you to stay connected - even under heavy network utilisation or in rooms that have bad wireless signal.
High-Speed Wired and Wireless Connectivity
Lightning-fast Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1200 Mbps1 (867 Mbps on the 5 GHz frequency band and 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz frequency band) so you can meet the ever-greater demand from multimedia applications.
In addition, 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports give you solid, dependable wired performance for devices such as smart TVs, gaming consoles and network storage devices.
Dual-Band Wireless for Seamless Performance
Surf the web, chat and play online games on the 2.4 GHz band with your smartphones and computers, while simultaneously streaming digital media on the 5 GHz band on your streaming media players and tablets.
Easy to Set Up, Easy to Secure
Sharing your Internet connection doesn't have to be a complicated process - just open a web browser to access the setup wizard and follow the easy step-by-step instructions to get started.
You can even configure a guest zone to give visitors Internet access without giving them access to the rest of your network.
Alternatively, you can download the free QRS (Quick Router Setup) App for iOS or Android to set up directly on your smartphone or tablet without the need of a computer.
- IEEE 802.11 ac/n/g/b/a wireless LAN
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port
- Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- LAN (x4)
- Four external antennas
- 2.4 GHz band: 2400 - 2483.5 MHz
- 5 GHz band: 5150 - 5725 MHz
- IEEE 802.11ac
- IEEE 802.11n
- IEEE 802.11g
- IEEE 802.3ab
- IEEE 802.11b
- IEEE 802.11a
- IEEE 802.3u
- Windows 8/7/Vista or MAC OS X 10.6 or higher
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 20.0, Chrome 25.0, Safari 5.1, or other Java-enabled browser
- Network interface card
- Cable/DSL modem or other Internet Service Provider equipment with Ethernet port
- WPA & WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- Web setup wizard
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- DMZ (Demilitarized Zone)
- Firewall - Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Guest zone
- IPv6 ready
- 190 x 133 x 38 mm
- 288 g
- Input: 100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Output: 12 V, 1 A
- Operating: 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F)
- Storage: -20 to 65 °C (-4 to 149 °F)
- Operating: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Storage: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- D-Link Green