Wireless N Quadband Home Router
- Product Status: Phased Out
The D-Link Wireless N Dual-Band Router (DIR-825) comes with the dual-band advantage and Wireless N Technology to allow for superior home coverage and smooth streaming. The dual band technology in the DIR-825 supports both 2.4GHz & 5GHz wireless signals simultaneously, so that you can check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band while streaming HD content and play online games on the clearer 5GHz band.
The D-Link® xtreme N™ dual band gigabit router (DIR-825) uses dual band technology to support 2.4GHz & 5GHz wireless signals at the same time. This allows you to check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band while simultaneously streaming High-Definition (HD) movies and other media on the 5GHz band. The DIR-825 is designed for users looking to get a true HD wireless connection that can handle multiple HD video streams throughout the house, while being backward compatible with existing 802.11g and 802.11a products.
D-Link has created shareport™ technology to bring more flexibility to your network. With SharePort technology, you can connect a USB printer and share it throughout your network. You can also share a USB storage device, providing network storage for everyone to share1.
Why Intelligent is Better!
With some routers, all wired and wireless traffic, including Voice over IP (VoIP), Video Streaming, Online Gaming, and Web browsing are mixed together into a single data stream. By handling data this way, applications like Streaming Video could pause or delay. With the D-Link Intelligent QoS Prioritization Technology, wired and wireless traffic are analyzed and separated into multiple data streams. These streams are then categorized by sensitivity to delay, so applications like VoIP, Video Streaming, and Online Gaming can be given top priority. This enables multiple applications to stream smoothly to your TV or PC.
Delivering best-in-class performance, network security, and coverage, the Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router (DIR-825) is the ideal centerpiece for your wireless network in the home or office.
D-Link Green™ devices are about providing eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance. They are designed to help conserve energy, protect our environment from harmful substances, and reduce waste by using recyclable packaging.
- Automatically powers down ports that have no link
- Budgets power output for different Ethernet cable lengths
- Includes wireless LAN scheduling, which can shut down your wireless network when not in use for further power savings
- Reduces energy consumption by using an Energy Star® qualified power adapter
Protecting the Environment
- Complies with the European Union's RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses recyclable packaging to help reduce waste that goes into the environment
1 SharePort technology requries firmware version 1.01 or later.
- IEEE 802.11n
- IEEE 802.11g
- IEEE 802.11a
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3u
- 4 Gigabit LAN ports
- 1 Gigabit WAN port
- 2 external dual band antennas
- WPA™ & WPA2™ (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) - PIN & PBC
Device management and monitoring
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher, or Firefox 1.5 or higher
- Web-based management
- D-Link Network Monitor Yahoo! Widget
- D-Link Internet Usage Meter Yahoo! Widget
Advanced firewall features
- Network Address Translation (NAT )
- Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
- VPN Pass-through / Multi-sessions PPTP / L2TP / IPSec
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 156 x 120 x 31 mm (6.1 x 4.7 x 1.2 inches)
- 212 grams (0.5 lbs)
- FCC Part 15 Subpart B, C, and E
- IPv6 Ready Gold
- Compatible with Windows 7
- With my previous router I was able to share files and printers as well as access the Internet. Now I can connect to the Internet with my new router but I cannot share files or printers. How do I fix this? Read Answer
- Why does my Draft-11n device only connect to my Super G / MIMO device at 54Mbps not 108Mbps? Read Answer