D-Link launches new Wi-Fi routers for ultra-fast and extended range for home broadband
The all new Gigabit Wi-Fi Routers fulfil the needs of the modern connected-home, supporting high-definition streaming, online gaming, Internet phone calls, smart home devices and content-rich web surfing
D-Link has unveiled two new high-speed routers, engineered to meet the demands of the modern smart home and the increasing high definition multimedia applications. The DIR-878 EXO AC1900 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Gigabit Router and DIR-882 EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Gigabit Router offer the fastest wireless speeds and most extensive coverage currently available on the market.
As well as offering lightning-fast Wi-Fi speeds, for consumers looking to stream 4K movies, enjoy seamless online gaming, transfer large files and browse the Internet with more devices simultaneously, both Wi-Fi Gigabit Routers come with Multiple-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) with Advanced AC SmartBeam™. Using innovative 802.11ac Wave 2 technology, both also offer combined wireless speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps and 2.533 Gbps respectively.
MU-MIMO technology allows routers to send and receive large amounts of data to and from devices simultaneously, markedly increasing throughput and application responsiveness, whilst Advanced AC SmartBeam™ steers the wireless signal to where it is needed to dramatically improve wireless range.
Historically, homes may have contained a handful of smart devices and a computer or two, but today modern homes are filled with a wider array of connected devices, such as mobile phones, set-top boxes, networked security cameras and gaming consoles. Combined with the increasing prevalence of 4K, streamed media, it’s essential that a home network’s speed is reliable and that bandwidth is available to meet the demands of a growing network of connected technology.
Key benefits include:
- Better Wi-Fi for more devices - 802.11ac technology on the 5 GHz band means higher quality connections for more devices, providing greater throughput for each of a consumers’ wireless devices.
- Quality of Service – built-in QoS engine allows prioritisation of traffic, to ensure favourite applications receive optimal bandwidth
- Increased performance and reliability – Dual-band technology with SmartConnect distributes traffic over two dedicated Wi-Fi radios, optimising network performance and reliability
- Dependable wired performance – 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports for Network Attached Storage (NAS) and gaming consoles
- Easy to secure – Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) establishes encrypted wireless connections to new devices without the need to enter settings or create passwords. The built-in firewall provides access controls and protects against malicious attacks
- Instant file sharing – one Super Speed USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port on the DIR-882 facilitates easy sharing of documents, movies, pictures and music across your entire home network