Unified Wireless N Simultaneous Dual-Band PoE Access Point
- Product Status: Phased Out
The DWL-8600AP is a versatile and powerful indoor access point for business environments. With adjustable antennae the wireless signal can be optimised to given maximum data transmission speeds.
The DWL-8600AP can be deployed as a standalone wireless Access Point or used as the foundation for a managed wireless network.
Performance without Compromise
Using the latest generation of Wireless N technology, the DWL-8600AP delivers great wireless performance and coverage in a compact design.
Broadcast on 32 SSIDs Simultaneously
Supports up to 32 SSIDs, 16 per radio, including Station Isolation
Managed using Wireless Controller or Unified Wireless Switch
All D-Link’s Unified Wireless Access Points can be managed using D-Link’s Wireless Controller or Unified Switch.
Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless
Supports up to 600Mbps for the 5Ghz band and up to 300Mbps for the 2.4Ghz band
Fast seamless roaming
Combining the DWL-8600AP with a Unified Wireless Switch or Controller allows you to create a wireless network that enables people to move freely around a building without losing connectivity.
Designed for optimum wireless coverage
The DWL-8600AP delivers concurrent wireless performance and maximum signal rates in both frequency bands simultaneously. Its external antenna design enables network administrators to adjust the direction of the wireless signal to optimise coverage.
Versatility built as Standard
Whether you intend to use a single Access Point or roll out a large corporate network, the DWL-8600AP coupled with D-Link's Wireless Controller or Switch makes managing your wireless network simple.
Secure and Green Design
The DWL-8600AP incorporates a wireless scheduler feature, which turns off wireless operation when it isn’t needed, saving power and increasing network security.
|Wireless Standard||B, G, N||B, G, N||B, G, N||B, G, N|
|Frequency||2.4GHz||2.4GHz||2.4GHz, 5GHz||2.4GHz, 5GHz|
|Suggested number of users||Up to 25
|Up to 40
|Up to 75
|Up to 100
* Range indicates the maximum distance where the highest throughput can be achieved, anything beyond this distance results in a loss of throughput.
• Solid die cast metal housing design for indoor deployment
• 1 Gigabit Ethernet port with built-in 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• Four detachable antennae
• Locking brackets included
High Performance Connectivity
• 802.11n WLAN standard
• Simultaneous dual-band technology: up to 300 Mbps wireless data transfer rates in each frequency band concurrently*
• RF Channels and output power auto-adjustment
• Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) certified
• Supports Wireless Distribution System (WDS) (stand-alone mode)
* Maximum wireless signal rates 300 Mbps and 54 Mbps are based on IEEE 802.11n and 802.11a/g specifications, respectively. Actual data throughput may vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead can lower actual data throughput rate.
• 64/128/152-bit WEP data encryption
• WPA Personal/WPA Enterprise
• WPA2 Personal/WPA2 Enterprise
• 802.1X User Authentication
• Rogue AP detection
• 802.1Q VLAN tagging
• Multiple SSIDs (16 per frequency band)
• MAC address filtering
Quality of Service (QoS)
• Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) certified
• SVP (SpectraLink Voice Priority)
• Through DWS-4026 Unified Switch or stand-alone
• AP Clustering for simple management and configuration