The D-Link® RangeBooster N® Router (DIR-625) is a 802.11n compliant device that delivers up to 12x faster speeds* and 4x farther range* than an 802.11g wireless network while staying backward compatible with 802.11g devices. Connect the RangeBooster N Router to a cable or DSL modem and provide high-speed Internet access to multiple computers, game consoles, and media players. Create a secure wireless network to share photos, files, music, printers, and more, from greater distances throughout your entire home or office. With D-Link’s award-winning QoS engine that prioritizes time-sensitive online traffic, this router enables smooth Internet phone calls (VoIP) and responsive gaming.
SUPERB WIRELESS COVERAGE
Powered by RangeBooster N technology, this high performance router provides superior coverage designed to reduce dead spots and for users who demand higher performance networking.
With SharePort™ technology** you can connect a USB printer or storage device to your router and allow users to access them from anywhere on the network. Conveniently turn your existing USB printers and storage devices into network devices for everyone to share.
ADVANCED NETWORK SECURITY
The RangeBooster N Router supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorized access, be it from over a wireless network or from the Internet. Support for WPA™ and WPA2™ standards ensure that you will be able to use the best possible encryption, regardless of your client devices. In addition, this RangeBooster N router utilizes dual active firewalls (SPI and NAT) to help prevent potential attacks from across the Internet.
Delivering unmatched wireless performance, network security, and coverage, the RangeBooster N Router (DIR-625) is ideal for networking in larger homes and offices.
PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH INTERNET SECURITY AND PARENTAL CONTROL SERVICES
SECURESPOT 2.0™ proactively protects ALL networked devices in the home. It not only safeguards PCs like traditional Internet Security Suites, but also protects Mac’s and browser-enabled devices such as Game Consoles. Integrating Internet Security and Parental Controls into the router and utilizing services in-the-cloud lightens the load on the PC and brings professional strength technology to the consumer.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
- Firewall Protection
- Parental Controls
- Parental Reporting and Alerts
- Identity Protection
- Pop-up Blocker
- Virus/Spyware Protection – Powered by McAfee®
- Spam Control
- Access Control
- Remote Management Console
Create a wireless network to share high-speed Internet access with computers, game consoles, or media players from greater distances in your home or office.
RANGEBOOSTER N™ ROUTER BENEFITS
- Delivers up to 12x faster speeds* and 4x farther range* than 802.11g.
- Award-winning QoS Engine prioritizes Internet traffic to enable enhanced gaming and phone calling (VoIP) experience.
- Dual Active Firewalls (SPI & NAT) help protect your network from Internet threats such as hackers, viruses, identity thieves, and SPAM.
- Easy to install and use with the included Quick Router Setup Wizard.
- SECURESPOT 2.0 sevices let you take total control of the Internet.
D-Link’s RangeBooster N™ router was rigorously tested and verified for compatibility with Intel’s Next-Gen Wireless N, utilizing intensive real-world testing conducted in typical home and enterprise environment scenarios. In Intel’s testing process, D-Link’s RangeBooster N™ router met or exceeded Intel’s requirements for performance, extended range, co-existence with other 802.11b/g clients and access points, and the ability to eliminate Wi-Fi dead spots.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link's 802.11n devices.
** Requires SharePort Client Utility installation on the PC. SharePort upgrade is available for the hardware version C.