D-Link has unveiled its Covr Whole Home Wi-Fi family of devices, announcing its Hybrid Whole Home Powerline Wi-Fi System (COVR-P2502) – providing one seamless, whole home network and ultra-fast, unparalleled home broadband coverage.
D-Link’s Covr Hybrid Powerline Wi-Fi System is the world’s first whole-home Wi-Fi solutions to utilise Powerline technology at its foundation, utilising the existing home router and a set of adapters to create a full coverage solution across the home. Powerline uses the home’s existing electrical wiring to transfer network data, turning electrical circuits into a high-speed wired network and making every power socket a potential network outlet. It provides a more reliable and stable connection which doesn’t degrade much over distance or when passing through building materials, ideal across Europe, where a majority of houses have solid concrete/brick walls.
The Hybrid Whole Home Powerline Wi-Fi System is engineered to eliminate the need for multiple networks, poor connections and Wi-Fi black-spots. Comprising a pair of hybrid Powerline Wi-Fi hotspots, which connect to existing electrical wiring in a home via a standard plug socket.
This means users can move freely around the building, switching between the hotspot without losing connection on a smartphone or tablet, talk, video chat or stream music and videos without disruption.
Key benefits include:
- Works in homes that have thick walls and flooring that block Wi-Fi
- Easy to set up, and works straight out of the box
- Work with existing routers from Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
- Can be configured using a smartphone or tablet without the need for a computer
- Latest dual-band Wireless AC1200 with combined speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps
- Supports Multiple-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) for optimised speed and efficiency, especially when multiple devices are connected
- Each hotspot is connected by a dedicated Powerline AV2 with speeds of up to 1.3 Gbps that does not compromise the Wi-Fi performance
- Integrated Gigabit ports allow five additional wired devices to be connected
- Users can access super-fast Wi-Fi and extend the area covered up to 450m2.
The D-Link Covr range combines the latest in Wi-Fi and Powerline technology to create a seamless wi-fi network, providing home users with the platform needed to create a reliable home network with ultra-fast speeds.
Featuring three Gigabit Ethernet ports per adapter, users can connect computers, smart TVs and other devices directly to an Ethernet port in a nearby power socket, eliminating the need to run Ethernet cables throughout the home. Additional modules for the D-Link Covr Whole Home Powerline Wi-Fi System provide further options for flexibly growing Wi-Fi networks in the home and for small businesses.
Users can tailor D-Link’s Hybrid Whole Home Powerline Wi-Fi System with additional hotspots, if required, without the need for expensive professional installation. Each D-Link hotspot comes with intuitive technology to determine the strength of the Wi-Fi signal, and automatically connects devices to the Wi-Fi source on the system that will offer optimum connectivity.
* Not available in UK and Ireland.